Use the chart to find out if your children may be able to get CHIP or Medicaid. Find your family size on the left side of this chart.
Follow that row to the right. Is your family's monthly income less than the amount shown on the right side? If so, your children may be able to get Medicaid or CHIP. Children of families that earn higher incomes may still be able to get health coverage in some cases. Call us if you have questions.
*Income is money you get paid before taxes are taken out.
**A family of one might be a child who does not live with a parent.
Who can qualify?
To qualify, a child must be:
- Age 18 or younger (Children up to age 20 may be able to get Medicaid in some cases).
- A pregnant woman of any age can apply for CHIP perinatal services or Medicaid for her unborn child.
- A Texas resident.
- A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
Who can apply?
- Any adult who lives more than half the time with an uninsured child may apply. This includes parents, stepparents, grandparents, other relatives, legal guardians, or adult brothers or sisters.
- Anyone age 18 or younger who lives on their own can apply.
- A pregnant woman of any age.